Choripan with Chimichurri is a classic Argentine street food that is a must-have in every soccer game meal or family gathering with friends. Our Baires Selection handcrafted sausages are the perfect addition to this delicious dish, adding a depth of flavor that is unmatched. Serve it with crispy French fries for a truly satisfying meal. Here's a recipe to make it at home:
- 3 Baires Selection handcrafted chorizo sausages
- 6 crusty bread rolls
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chopped parsley, oregano, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and red wine vinegar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the sauce is well combined. This is your chimichurri sauce.
- Grill the Baires Selection chorizo sausages for 10-12 minutes, or until they are cooked through and charred on the outside. Remove from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- While the sausages are resting, prepare the French fries. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the sliced potatoes with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice the crusty bread rolls in half lengthwise. Toast them on the grill for a minute or two until they are lightly charred and crispy.
- To assemble the sandwiches, cut the grilled Baires Selection chorizo sausage in "butterfly-style" and place them inside each toasted bread roll. Top generously with chimichurri sauce.
- Serve the choripan sandwiches hot with a side of crispy French fries.