Choripan with caramelized onions is a classic Argentine street food that is perfect for gatherings with friends. Our Ombu Selection handcrafted sausage brings an authentic taste of tradition to this delicious dish, and when paired with toasted bread, green leaves, and papines, it creates a satisfying meal that everyone will love. Here's a recipe to make it at home.
- 4 Ombu Selection handcrafted chorizo sausages
- 8 crusty bread rolls
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mixed green leaves
- 1 cup papines, boiled and sliced
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and sauté for 5-7 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the brown sugar to the skillet and stir to coat the onions. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the Ombu Selection chorizo sausages for 10-12 minutes, or until they are cooked through and charred on the outside. Remove from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the crusty bread rolls in half lengthwise. Toast them on the grill for a minute or two until they are lightly charred and crispy.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place a grilled Ombu Selection chorizo sausage inside each toasted bread roll. Top generously with the caramelized onions.
- Serve the choripan sandwiches hot with a side of mixed green leaves and boiled and sliced papines.
This recipe serves 8 people and is perfect for a gathering with friends. The combination of high-quality, handcrafted sausage from Ombu Selection, caramelized onions, and toasted bread creates a mouth-watering choripan that is sure to impress. The addition of green leaves and boiled and sliced papines makes it a satisfying and balanced meal.